Monday, January 12, 2015

It is only money


Both of the kids were jumping on a chair in my room. We have been over this at least one thousand times. I was still kind of out of it because I had to work night shift the night before so, I was in "la-la land." Half awake, half asleep...if you've ever worked nights you know what I am talking about.

Reese: Bubs, you can't jump as high as me.
JR: I am jumping higher than you right now.
Reese: No you aren't. I wish you were but you aren't.
JR: I am too. (He is getting frustrated. He stops jumping and runs to me.) Well, I beat you to mom.
Reese: I wasn't racing.
JR: I still beat you.
Reese: I don't care because I want to jump.
JR: What if you won $1000 if you beat me?
Reese: It is only money. I'm jumping.

As much as Reese has made me almost lose my mind in so many circumstances because she is SO strong-willed (which I might add I prayed for) I was so thankful to hear her little raspy voice in that conversation with her brother.

She is so strong-willed and determined. I pray as we continue to guide her in HIS ways that she will continue to jump. She is going to change her world.



No comments:

Post a Comment