Thursday, February 19, 2015

A MOMent POST


I tend to play songs on repeat. I mean like bad. I'll listen to the same song over and over and over. I'm blaming this on my dad (yay, he made it on the mom page smile emoticon ) Growing up in a worship pastor's home, we listened to thousands and thousands of songs. Mostly on repeat. My brother and I could sing all the parts. We joke all the time about the "Summer of '95" this is when we realized that there were other types of music in the world and learned EVERY word to EVERY country song that Summer. And the funny this is we can still "quote" the majority of the lyrics and crack up about it. We will randomly call each other and not say "Hello" but John Michael Montgomery's "Hey pretty lady want cha gimme a sign. I'd do anything to make you mine all mine." (That was from memory those might not be correct. Sorry JMM)

This morning as I was driving home from the grocery store (torture oh torture) I was listening to a song (on repeat) "Our Only Hope is Jesus." I can't even type those words without tearing up.

"You're healer to the broken. Shepherd to the lost. Father of the orphan adopted by the cross. There's comfort in your arms, it's where our healing starts. Our only hope is Jesus."

Reese (my daughter) recently colored a picture of a lamb in Sunday School. She had learned about the ONE lost sheep in the parable Jesus taught in Matthew 18:12-14. We were discussing why the ONE lost sheep was so important. She said something that I knew but it just hit home when you hear it come so confidently from a 5 year old. "Mom, I was the lost sheep. You were the lost sheep. Jesus came for me." And all I could do was whisper, "Yes."

God sent His ONLY son, Jesus. Because He is faithful to His lost sheep.

In a broken world He knew, OUR ONLY HOPE IS JESUS.

As moms He knows, OUR ONLY HOPE IS JESUS.

We (and I do mean "we" because it takes a TEAM of mommas to do this kind of conference) have been praying for YOU!

Come ready to find the love of a faithful God. Or maybe you'll just be FOUND.

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of OUR HOPE without wavering, for he who promised IS FAITHFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment